Monday, August 22, 2016

Eeveelutions

When we last were here, I gave some interesting facts about the Starter Pokemon. Well with Pokemon: Sun & Moon coming out this November, I wanted to give you my countdown list of Eeveelutions that I want to see.
           What are Eeveelutions you ask? Well these are the evolutions of the evolution Pokemon, Eevee.
This little fox like Pokemon, is know as the evolution Pokemon because it's got several evolutions all of which are a different Pokemon type.
Eevee was introduced way back in Generation I along with it's first three evolutions: Flareon, Jolteon, & Vaporeon (Fire/Electric/Water). In Generation II two new Eeveelutions were introduced: Espeon and Umbreo (Psychic/Dark). Glaceon and Leafeon (Ice/Grass) were introduced in Generation IV. Lastly, along with the introduction of the new Pokemon type in Generation VI we also got a Eeveelution for that type: Sylveon (Fairy). Along with all of these came a different way of evolving Eevee via various methods: Stones (Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon), time & friendship (Espeon/Umbreon), location (Glaceon/Leafeon), and attack (Sylveon). As of Generation VI we have 18 known Pokemon types and Eeevee has eight evolutions leaving these following types: Bug, Dragon, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Poison, Rock, & Steel.
While I'm working on my own set of Eeveelutions for a pokemon set, I thought it would be fun to put these remaining types in the order that I would like to see them released working up to the type I want to see the most. Now onto my countdown:

#10. Normal Type:

Out of all of the ones left, this one looks to be the most boring of all to create. I would basically think this would evolve via normal leveling up, maybe something like 30-ish. And basically would look like a mature/adult looking Eevee.


#9. Rock Type: 
I'm not big on this type overall, so this one might be a bulky fox made out of rocks maybe? As for evolution method: Location around a particular rock in the mountains like Leafeon & Glaceon (Moss Rock/Icy Rock). Or maybe this one would be the first to need a held item like the lagging tail, and level up? Or the last idea is that this could be the first type that uses trade with an item, King's Rock.

#8. Ground Type:
Overall I'm not one to use many of these type Pokemon. But I just might use a ground eeveelution, based off a Fennec Fox with large ears to emphasize that it lives in the desert/savannah areas. This one's hard to figure out the evolution method, yet I was thinking for mine that it would be a weather condition one, like leveling up in a sandstorm.

#7. Fighting Type:
This one I thought I would want to see more than just 6th place, but it's a bit meh. This one would be along the lines of Riolu & Lucario for looks maybe? I was thinking of doing something like three different styles based off stats like Tyrogue evolves into Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, & Hitmontop. Or would you evolve it by Leveling up Eevee while it's holding the black belt item?

#6. Ghost Type:
This one is hard to figure out what to do with the evolution condition for this one, do you do something like Shedninja? Where you have to have an open spot in your team then, while trying for the normal type evolution you have to let eevee faint then revive and evolve and the ghost type will appear into the empty spot? That would make this one really hard to get I would say. You could do location evolution, like evolving it in the haunted ruins, or add that Eevee needs to know a ghost type move. Or trade evolution while holding the reaper cloth like Dusknoir? Maybe location and item evolution? I'm not sure, I just hope an official design for this eeveelution doesn't look like a mummy.

#5. Bug Type:
I'm actually surprised that this type got so high on my list. But I've seen a great deal of fanart for a bug type eeveelution that I like. Out of all of these designs I seem to like the ones with features of bees and butterflies. My design is going to be based off of the Brimstone butterfly, which is considered to be the one that gave the butterfly its name, and have an ability to take on the color scheme of the bug type near it if the bug type is a cocoon type Pokemon (Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, etc.). Now for mine, Brimeon, Eevee has to hold a shed shell and be right next to a bug type in order to evolve. Like I said it's going to be able via camouflage to take on the colors scheme of the cocoon type Pokemon's evolutions so it's going to be similar to Vivillon for having many various. Other evolution conditions could include leveling up with high friendship while holding silverpowder, leveling up in a swarm battle of Bug type Pokemon, or some have suggested bringing back the bug catching contest and using Eevee a number of times in it in order to evolve it to it's Bug type evolution.

#4. Flying Type:
 I don't know why, Flying of all types is in my top three but I've always been intrested in the idea of a flying fox Pokemon. This one might look like a Pegifox (bird wings on a fox) or similar to a flying squirrel? Or maybe a big fluffy fox cloud. And who wouldn't like the idea of flying around on a cloud, have you ever seen Dragonball? As for evolution conditions? I would use a evolution stone for this one like the dawn or shiny stone or maybe trade evolution but you have to trade with a Flying type. Or you could do something like trade evolution while holding a Prism Scale item. 

    Just to note, on my Top Three these were chosen by the Gen VI Eeveelution, Sylveon, which is a Fairy type so these three go with that type. And now *drumroll* The Top Three!

#3. Steel Type:
This one could have been tied with my number two pick. Steel makes a ton of sense to be in the Generation VII line up because you have two Legendaries who have Steel as their type and a steel type would be super effective to Sylveon's Fairy type. As for the evolution conditions, this one should be straight forward. Like most steel type evolutions it would be trade evolution while holding the Metal Coat item.

#2. Poison Type:
Like Steel, Poison would fit nicely with the new Fairy type as it's the only other type that is super effective. But it doesn't seem to fit with Generation VII's region. I do like the idea of a toxic fox dripping with poison. As for evolution conditions: Level up while holding the Toxic orb, use Eevee in battle so many times while holding the Toxic orb item, trade while being Poison, or maybe Trade with a Poison type while holding the Poison Barb item? 

#1. Dragon Type:
No surprise there, most people have been waiting for a dragon type Eeveelution since Generation II. And it would totally fit in with Sylveon as Fairy types are super effective to Dragon types and Dragon types do no damage to Fairy types. And who wouldn't want a dragon fox? Would it look like an Eastern Dragon or a Wyven of European Dragon of legend? As for evolution, just like Steel, trade evolution while holding a Dragon Scale item.

Feel free to check out my Facebook page @Digifoxcat for updates on my own Eeveelution designs.
-FoxCat ya later

No comments:

Post a Comment